Sunday 15 December 2013

V-log 7: Crowland, Lincolnshire

world-map walsingham
Greetings!

As promised, albeit a week or so late, here’s my V-log of my short visit to Crowland in Lincolnshire, a rather pretty little Fens town with a rather impressive half-ruined church, Croyland Abbey, (the town used to be called Croyland). I went there because of St. Guthlac, a rather interesting chap who I came across when writing up my travel guide to Sacred Staffordshire which will be posted on this site sometime in the future. Guthlac was a Mercian nobleman, a fearless warrior who, horrified by what he saw in battle, gave it all up to become a hermit. A message for today perhaps?
Anyway, enjoy the pretty town of Crowland and please, if you’re in the area, visit it yourself; it’s well worth it!

Keep travelling!

Uncle Travelling Matt


Check out all my V-logs!

No comments:

Post a Comment